Selling Your Home
Marketing publications and strategies
To optimally market the sale of your home I use the following publications and strategies:
My own website at www.garyharryman.com features Current Listings with detailed information and large photographs of every angle of my listed properties. This way, buyers can get an excellent idea of the property from their home, office, or laptop. I find buyers respond to my website because they can virtually visit my listings from wherever they are in the world.
- Homes & Land Magazine
A circulation of 20,000 per month and on the Internet at www.homesandland.com. Pritchett-Rapf & Associates publishes their own magazine from the Homes and Land data and distributes it throughout Malibu, Topanga, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, and the Westside of Los Angeles.
- The Hollywood Reporter and Daily Variety
Well-qualified studio and network executives, as well as celebrities in the TV, film, and music industries, read these entertainment trade publications, and Pritchett-Rapf is the only local real estate company that uses these publications on a regular basis.
- The Los Angeles Times
We advertise in the Malibu, Westside, and Valley real estate sections of the LA Times to feature properties.
- Malibu Surfside News, The Malibu Times, and the Topanga Messenger
We use these local papers effectively to reach weekend visitors, vacationers, and local homeowners.
- Multiple Listing Service (The MLS)
The Combined Los Angeles/Westside Multiple Listing Service is a vast networking service for thousands of agents and brokers from downtown LA, through Beverly Hills, to Malibu. We also place our listings in the Southland Regional Association of Realtors MLS.
- Open House/Caravan
Mid week open houses are held for agents, brokers, and neighbors and, on weekends, for prospective buyers. Your property will also be placed on the weekly "Caravan" of new listings, which is attended by all members of our local board of the Malibu Association of Realtors and the Topanga Brokers Co-op.
- Brochures and Direct Mail
Tailored brochures and/or direct mail pieces featuring your property are invaluable ways to reach out to potential buyers and showcase your property to our specialized mailing list. Additionally, in areas where the density of homes permits, we hand-deliver flyers several times a year to every home.
Normal Seller's Closing costs
(You may or may not incur all of these)
- Pay off loan balances in seller's namet
- Accrued interest due at close of escrow
- Reconveyance fees and prepayment penalty if owed
- Title insurance (owner's policy)
- Property taxes prorated to the close of escrow
- Inspection fees and/or work (according to the contract)
- Geology and soils
- Pest control (termite)
- Septic system
- Home warranty
- City, county, or association transfer/conveyance taxes
- Any and all delinquent taxes
- Any judgments, tax liens recorded against seller
- Any bonds or assessments (according to contract)
- Documentary stamps
- Broker's commission
- Escrow fees (usually split 50/50 with Buyer)
- Notary fees
- Document preparation fees